Procedure to work with the Chemistry and Synthesis Center

A PI with a need for chemistry support may contact the Director of the Chemistry and Synthesis Center (Rolf Swenson) to discuss the research. Typically the PI and the CSC develop a 2-3 page proposal describing the research and compound synthesis requested from the CSC. The proposal is then approved by the Scientific Director of the PIs institute and then by the CSC steering committee, which evaluates chemical feasibility. The CSC does not support extramural researchers, unless they are collaborators of an intramural PI. For routine compound synthesis we also assist PIs in cost-effective outsourcing of chemical synthesis.

Chemistry and Synthesis Center fees: 25% are paid for by the Intramural NIH Institutes as a form of school tax. The remaining 75% of the fees is charged to the Institute based on the hours worked on the project. The billing doesn’t start until the following calendar year and is spread over three years.

Contact

E-mail: ipdc@nhlbi.nih.gov

Mailing Address:
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
Imaging Probe Development Center (IPDC)
9800 Medical Center Drive
Building B, Room 3040
Bethesda, MD 20892-3372

Deliveries:
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
Imaging Probe Development Center (IPDC)
9800 Medical Center Drive
Building B, Room 3040
Rockville, MD 20850