Grzegorz Piszczek, Ph.D.
Grzegorz Piszczek, Ph.D., is the director of the Biophysics Core Facility at the NHLBI.
- Grzegorz Piszczek, Ph.D.
The Biophysics Core’s mission is to provide support in the study of macromolecular interactions, dynamics, and stability by offering consultations, training, professional collaborations, and instrument access. We assist researchers with comprehensive biophysical characterization of biomolecules, including proteins, polynucleotides, nanoparticles, and their cognate ligands.
The Biophysics Core has the resources and expertise to study oligomeric states of biomolecular assemblies and to perform measurements of affinity, stoichiometry, kinetics, and thermodynamics of interactions between proteins, DNA, RNA and small molecules. The Core facility is also equipped with instrumentation for the characterization of nanoparticles and macromolecules. Biophysical characterization capabilities include measurement of molecular weight, shape, and conformation of biological macromolecules.
- Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC: iTC200 and VP-ITC)
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC: VP-DSC and Nano-DSC)
- Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR: Biacore 3000)
- Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI: Octet RED96)
- MicroScale Thermophoresis (MST: Monolith NT.115)
- Analytical Ultracentrifugation (AUC: XLA and XLI)
- Multi Angle Light Scattering (SEC-MALS/QELS: DAWN Helos II)
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS: Dynapro Nanostar)
- Circular Dichroism (CD: Jasco J715)
- Fluorescence (Photon Technology)