Small amount of margarine and orange juice give these yams lots of flavor but little fat.
|3 medium||yams (1 1/2 cups)|
|1/4 cup||brown sugar, packed|
|1 tsp||flour, sifted|
|1/4 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp||ground nutmeg|
|1/4 tsp||orange peel|
|1 tsp||soft tub margarine|
|1/2 cup||orange juice|
- Cut yams in half and boil until tender but firm (about 20 minutes).
- When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into 1/4-inch thickness.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel.
- Place half of the sliced yams in a medium-sized casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with spiced sugar mixture.
- Dot with half the amount of margarine.
- Add a second layer of yams, using the rest of the ingredients in the same order as above. Add orange juice.
- Bake uncovered in oven preheated to 350° F for 20 minutes.
Makes 6 servings--Serving size: 1/4 cup
Fat less than 1 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 115 mg