This dish is baked and flavored with a Mediterranean-style tomato, onion, and garlic sauce to make it lower in fat and salt.
|2 tsp||olive oil|
|1||large onion, sliced|
|1 can (16 oz)||whole tomatoes, drained (reserve juice) and coarsely chopped|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1 C||dry white wine|
|1/2 C||reserved tomato juice, from canned tomatoes|
|1/4 C||lemon juice|
|1/4 C||orange juice|
|1 Tbsp||fresh grated orange peel|
|1 tsp||fennel seeds, crushed|
|1/2 tsp||dried oregano, crushed|
|1/2 tsp||dried thyme, crushed|
|1/2 tsp||dried basil, crushed|
|to taste||black pepper|
|1 lb||fish fillets (sole, flounder, or sea perch)|
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add onion, and saute over moderate heat 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients except fish.
- Stir well and simmer 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Arrange fish in 10x6-inch baking dish; cover with sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375º F about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 4 oz fillet with sauce
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 56 mg
Sodium: 281 mg