It?s easy to make homestyle biscuits with less fat.
|2 tsps||baking powder|
|1/4 tsp||baking soda|
|2/3 cup||buttermilk, 1% fat|
|3 Tbsps + 1 tsp||vegetable oil|
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk and oil. Pour over flour mixture; stir until well mixed.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes.
- Roll or pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts.
- Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Makes 15 servings--Serving Size: 1 (2-inch) biscuit
Fat 3 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol less than 1 mg
Sodium 72 mg