Join the Breathe Better Network
What is the Breathe Better Network?
The Learn More Breathe Better program supports the Breathe Better Network, a partnership of organizations around the country working to raise awareness about lung health at the local level.
- Helps drive outreach efforts to increase awareness of lung health, including COPD and asthma, as serious, yet manageable and treatable conditions.
- Increases understanding of proven medical guidelines and interventions.
- Encourages people to actively talk to their health care provider about their lungs and signs and symptoms they may be experiencing.
Breathe Better Network Members
The Breathe Better Network is comprised of organizations and programs of all sizes across the country, including state and federal agencies, nonprofits, civic groups, professional associations, health systems, and research organizations. All participating organizations have a mission that aligns with the Learn More Breathe Better program goal and objectives.
Breathe Better Network organizations:
- Use Learn More Breathe Better materials in their outreach efforts
- Receive regular program updates
- Are listed on the NHLBI website to help others find active organizations in their area
- Help shape current and future education efforts for Learn More Breathe Better
- Have the opportunity to share about their activities and resources with other Network organizations.
- Can apply for community subcontract funds when available
Resources Available for the Breathe Better Network
Partners have access to a variety of printed and digital educational materials, including PSA materials, videos, fact sheets and brochures, social media tools, observance month resources, and the ability to co-brand select elements. Resources cover a variety of topics related to lung health for people with and at risk for these diseases, family members and caregivers, and healthcare providers.
Each year, Breathe Better Network partners are encouraged to join NHLBI and the Learn More Breathe Better program for national health awareness months, including asthma in May and COPD in November. Partners receive additional resources, tips for outreach, and ideas to host events during these months. As the program expands, new educational materials and resources and topics will be added. Breathe Better Network members will be notified when new resources are available.
Read more about the Breathe Better Network in these frequently asked questions
Interested in becoming a Breathe Better Network partner? Email us at HealthEdu@nhlbi.nih.gov.
Find Breathe Better Network Members in Your Area
District of Columbia