Use a small amount of skinless smoked turkey breast instead of fatback to lower the fat content but keep the taste.
|1/4 lb||smoked turkey breast, skinless|
|1 Tbsp||hot pepper, freshly chopped|
|1/4 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|1/4 tsp||cloves, ground|
|2 cloves||garlic, crushed|
|1 stalk||scallion, chopped|
|1 tsp||ginger, ground|
|1/4 cup||onion, chopped|
|2 lbs||greens (mustard, turnip, collard, kale, or mixture)|
- Place all ingredients except greens into large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Prepare greens by washing thoroughly and removing stems.
- Tear or slice leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Add greens to turkey stock.
- Cook 20 to 30 minutes until tender.
Makes 5 servings--Serving size: 1 cup
Fat 2 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 378 mg