This tasty bread is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, thanks to the small amount of oil and egg used.
|1-1/2 C||sifted all-purpose flour|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1/4 tsp||baking soda|
|1-1/2 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp||ground allspice|
|2 Tbsp||vegetable oil|
|1-1/2 C||finely shredded carrots|
|1/4 C||chopped pecans|
|1/4 C||golden raisins|
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly oil a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients; add this mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute carrots.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
Yield: One loaf--Serving Size: 1/2-inch slice
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 12 mg
Sodium: 97 mg