Using lean top round, plain low-fat yogurt, and very little added salt makes this a heart-healthy dish.
|1 lb||lean beef (top round)|
|2 tsp||vegetable oil|
|3/4 Tbsp||finely chopped onion|
|1 lb||sliced mushrooms|
|1/2 tsp||dried basil|
|1/4 C||white wine|
|1 C||plain low-fat yogurt|
|6 C||cooked macaroni, cooked in unsalted water|
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick skillet. Sauté onion for 2 minutes.
- Add beef and saute for additional 5 minutes. Turn to brown evenly. Remove from pan and keep hot.
- Add remaining oil to pan; saute mushrooms.
- Add beef and onions to pan with seasonings.
- Add wine, yogurt; gently stir in. Heat, but do not boil.
- Serve with macaroni.
Note: If thickening is desired, use 2 teaspoons cornstarch; calories are the same as flour, but it has double thickening power. These calories are not figured into the nutrients per serving.
Yield: 5 servings--Serving Size: 6 oz
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 10 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 79 mg
Sodium: 200 mg