Wiki (Fast) Rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced (about 3 cloves) (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (or ¼ teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon scallions (green onions), rinsed and minced
- ½ cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cooked mixed vegetables (or ½ bag frozen stir-fry vegetable mix)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat canola oil in a large wok or sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and scallions, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add water chestnuts, and continue to cook until they begin to soften, another 1–2 minutes.
- Add vegetables, and toss until heated through, about 2–3 minutes (or up to 5 minutes for frozen vegetables).
- Add rice, and continue to cook until hot, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss well, and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: About 1 cup rice and vegetables
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 113 mg
Total Fiber 2 g
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 29 g
Potassium 88 mg
Recipe Source: Keep the Beat™ Recipes: Deliciously Healthy Family Meals