Inventions arising from the intramural research activities at NIH are available to the private sector for further research and development and eventual commercialization through licensing of that technology. If an entity would like to acquire either an unpatented material or a patented or patent-pending technology for commercial purposes, a Commercial Evaluation License, a Biological Materials License, or an Exclusive/Nonexclusive License is required.
Other NIH technologies available for transfer, partnership, or licensing:
- Licensing Technology Opportunities (National Institutes of Health's Office of Technology Transfer)
- Search the Federal Register
To use TechFinder, click on the link above.
- Expand box of “Institutes served by OTTAD”
- Select desired NIH Institute
- Select technology of interest
Last Updated: March 2014