Accessible Search Form

Skip left side navigation and go to content

CRG Home

How do I register my study?

Every study funded by NHLBI should be registered in the National Library of Medicine’s Clinical Trials Protocol Registration System (PRS) in order to enter clinical trial records into provides patients, family members, and members of the public current information about clinical research studies. More detailed information about the registration process for NHLBI studies can be accessed in the Protocol Registration System. Questions about who should register and the process can be sent to NHLBI staff at

If you want your study to be considered for publication in a journal governed by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), make sure you understand its registration policy. Depending on the type of trial you're conducting, ICMJE's publication policy may require that you register your trial before you enroll your first patient. The ICMJE has more information at their web page, "Obligation to Register Clinical Trials".

Page Last Updated: February 2011
Content Manager:

Twitter iconTwitter external disclaimer Facebook iconFacebook external disclaimer YouTube iconYouTube external disclaimer Google+ iconGoogle+ external disclaimer