Mehdi Pirooznia, M.D., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Mehdi Pirooznia, M.D., M.Sc., Ph.D., is the director of the Bioinformatics and Computational Core Facility at the NHLBI.
The Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Core facility at the NHLBI facilitates, amplifies, and accelerates biological and medical research and discovery through the application of the latest bioinformatics methods and technologies. This mission is achieved by delivering high quality and comprehensive support for experimental design, analysis and visualization in a timely fashion. The core is responsive to research scientists’ needs and effectively evolve with advances in the field.
The core services include but are not limited to the following:
- Statistical analysis including basic statistical analysis, advanced statistical analysis (e.g., linear and generalized mixed model analysis, longitudinal modeling), and custom statistical methods (e.g., tailored to specific research projects)
- Omics Analysis including: GWAS, Transcriptomics (Microarray and RNA-seq), Genomics (Genome, exome and targeted DNA-seq), Epigenomics (Methyl-seq, ChIP-seq, etc.), Proteomics, and Metabolomics
- Gene/Target/Disease Analysis: Functional annotation at variant, gene, and geneset level, Interaction Analysis, and Pathway Enrichment Analysis
- Ad-hoc consultation: Advise on experimental designs, data management and analysis
- Computing resource development and maintenance, including Bioinformatics Software Development, Systems Toolkits Development, Customized Biological Databases and Web Services Development
- Training: Personalized training to match user’s specific requirements and group training and workshops