Vandana Sachdev, M.D.
Vandana Sachdev, M.D., is the director of the Echocardiography Laboratory at the NHLBI.
Representative research applications include:
- 3D imaging for structural cardiac defects
- Strain imaging for ventricular function
- Contrast imaging for left ventricular size, function, and evaluation of intracardiac abnormalities
- Contrast perfusion imaging of myocardium and skeletal muscle for the evaluation of microvascular flow
- Protocol-specific imaging of patients with mitral regurgitation to evaluate newer methods for quantitation of regurgitation severity
Haematologica 2013 Sep 01;98(9):1359-67.
Response to letters regarding article, "Ten-year incidence of Chagas cardiomyopathy among asymptomatic, Trypanosoma cruzi-seropositive former blood donors".
Circulation 2013 Aug 27;128(9):e137-8.
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2013 Mar 15;187(8):840-7.
Ten-year incidence of Chagas cardiomyopathy among asymptomatic Trypanosoma cruzi-seropositive former blood donors.
Circulation 2013 Mar 12;127(10):1105-15.
Br J Haematol 2013 Jan 01;161(2):270-8.
The relationship between the severity of hemolysis, clinical manifestations and risk of death in 415 patients with sickle cell anemia in the US and Europe.
Haematologica 2013 Jan 01;98(3):464-72.