Vandana Sachdev, M.D.
Vandana Sachdev, M.D., is the director of the Echocardiography Laboratory at the NHLBI.
Representative research applications include:
- 3D imaging for structural cardiac defects
- Strain imaging for ventricular function
- Contrast imaging for left ventricular size, function, and evaluation of intracardiac abnormalities
- Contrast perfusion imaging of myocardium and skeletal muscle for the evaluation of microvascular flow
- Protocol-specific imaging of patients with mitral regurgitation to evaluate newer methods for quantitation of regurgitation severity
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2015 Jun 15:jc20152232.
Detection of Trypanosoma cruzi DNA in blood by PCR is associated with Chagas cardiomyopathy and disease severity.
Eur J Heart Fail 2015 Apr 01;17(4):416-23.
Am J Med Genet A 2015 Jan 01;167A(1):103-10.
Risk factors for death in 632 patients with sickle cell disease in the United States and United Kingdom.
PLoS One 2014 Jan 01;9(7):e99489.
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 2013 Dec 01;97(12):792-7.
Effect of extended-release niacin on serum lipids and on endothelial function in adults with sickle cell anemia and low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels.
Am J Cardiol 2013 Oct 01;112(9):1499-504.