About the Learn More Breathe Better® program
Learn More Breathe Better® is a national health education program that aims to bring greater visibility to lung health by translating research for public and professional education programs.
Through this program, the NHLBI:
- Increases awareness of the prevention, treatment, and management of lung and respiratory diseases affecting Americans, including, but not limited to, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and asthma
- Increases recognition of the signs and symptoms of lung diseases and conditions to encourage early detection and treatment
- Supports the promotion, implementation, and adoption of evidence-based care
Learn More Breathe Better resources and materials are designed for a variety of audiences including:
- People who have symptoms of lung diseases and conditions
- People at highest risk for lung diseases and conditions, such as those who smoke or have smoked, have a genetic predisposition, or are exposed to lung irritants, such as dust and chemicals
- Children and adults with asthma
- Health professionals who diagnose, treat, and manage lung diseases and conditions
- Organizations interested in lung health education
To help drive outreach at the community level, the Learn More Breathe Better program supports the Breathe Better Network, a partnership of organizations around the country working to raise awareness of lung health in their communities.
Find lung health information and resources here and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for program updates and announcements.
Email questions to HealthEdu@nhlbi.nih.gov.