About the Learn More Breathe Better program
Learn More Breathe Better is a national health education program that aims to bring greater visibility to lung health by translating research for public and professional education programs.
Through this program, the NHLBI:
- Increases awareness of the prevention, treatment, and management of lung and respiratory diseases affecting Americans, including, but not limited to, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and asthma
- Increases recognition of the signs and symptoms of lung diseases and conditions to encourage early detection and treatment
- Supports the promotion, implementation, and adoption of evidence-based care
Learn More Breathe Better resources and materials are designed for a variety of audiences including:
- People who have symptoms of lung diseases and conditions
- People at highest risk for lung diseases and conditions, such as those who smoke or have smoked, have a genetic predisposition, or are exposed to lung irritants, such as dust and chemicals
- Children and adults with asthma
- Health professionals who diagnose, treat, and manage lung diseases and conditions
- Organizations interested in lung health education
To help drive outreach at the community level, the Learn More Breathe Better program supports the Breathe Better Network, a partnership of organizations around the country working to raise awareness of lung health in their communities.