Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Your partner may alert you to some of the symptoms of sleep apnea, such as:
- Breathing that starts and stops during sleep
- Frequent loud snoring
- Gasping for air during sleep
You may also notice the following symptoms yourself:
- Daytime sleepiness and tiredness, which can lead to problems learning, focusing, and reacting
- Dry mouth or headaches
- Sexual dysfunction or decreased libido
- Waking up often during the night to urinate
Children who have sleep apnea may be overactive and may experience bedwetting, worsening asthma, and trouble paying attention in school.
Talk to your healthcare provider about your symptoms. You may need a sleep study to help diagnose the condition.
Last updated on