Take the skin off chicken to lower the amount of saturated fat.
|1 1/2 tsps||curry powder|
|1 tsp||thyme, crushed|
|1 stalk||scallion, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||hot pepper, chopped|
|1 tsp||black pepper, ground|
|8 cloves||garlic, crushed|
|1 Tbsp||ginger, grated|
|8 pieces||chicken, skinless (breast, drumstick)|
|1 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1 medium||white potato, diced|
|1 large||onion, chopped|
- Mix together curry powder, thyme, scallion, hot pepper, cayenne pepper,
black pepper, garlic, ginger, onion, and salt.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on chicken.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium flame.
- Add chicken and sauté.
- Add water and allow chicken to cook over medium flame for 30 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add onions and cook 15 minutes more or until meat is tender.
Makes 6 servings--Serving size: 1/2 breast or 2 small drumsticks
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 81 mg
Sodium 363 mg