Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Symptoms
The symptoms of IPF develop over time. Symptoms may be different between people and may develop slowly or quickly.
What are the symptoms of IPF?
The most common symptoms are:
- Shortness of breath that gets worse over time. At first, you may be short of breath only during exercise. Over time, you may feel breathless even at rest.
- A dry cough that gets worse. You may have repeated bouts of coughing that you cannot control.
Other symptoms may include:
- Aching muscles and joints
- , which is a widening and rounding of the tips of the fingers or toes
- Extreme tiredness
- Gradual, unintended weight loss
- Generally feeling unwell
- Rapid, shallow breathing