- "Aim for a Healthy Weight" Patient Booklet
- Aim for a Healthy Weight Web Site
- "At-A-Glance: Facts About Healthy Weight"
- "At-A-Glance: Physical Activity and Your Heart"
- NHLBI Body Mass Index Calculator (also available in Spanish)
- Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome (Health Topics)
- We Can!® Web pages
- "We Can! Families Finding the Balance: A Parent Handbook" (also available in Spanish)
- "Your Guide to a Healthy Heart"
- "Your Guide to Physical Activity and Your Heart"
- Physical Activity and Your Heart (Health Topics)
- "2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans" (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS))
- Childhood Overweight and Obesity (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC))
- ChooseMyPlate.gov (U.S. Department of Agriculture, HHS)
- Obesity (MedlinePlus)
- Overweight and Obesity (CDC)
- Overweight and Obesity: What You Can Do (Office of the Surgeon General, HHS)
- Physical Activity (CDC)
- "The Surgeon General's Call To Action To Prevent and Decrease Overweight and Obesity, 2001" (Office of the Surgeon General, HHS)
- Weight Control Information Network (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases)
- Children and Clinical Studies
- Clinical Trials (Health Topics)
- Current Research (ClinicalTrials.gov)
- NHLBI Clinical Trials
- NIH Clinical Research Trials and You (National Institutes of Health)
- ResearchMatch (funded by the National Institutes of Health)
™ Keep the Beat is a trademark of HHS.
®We Can! is a registered trademark of HHS.
Obesity happens one pound at a time. So does prevention.09/07/2012
This video—presented by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, part of the National Institutes of Health—shows that even a few extra pounds can affect your health and life more than you may think. Average people in a park—not actors—are asked to carry a 10-pound sandbag, and report how the added weight affects them and their ability to carry out normal, everyday activities.