- "Facts About Problem Sleepiness"
- National Center on Sleep Disorders Research
- Sleep Deprivation and Deficiency (Health Topics)
- Sleep Studies (Health Topics)
- "Your Guide to Healthy Sleep"
- Narcolepsy (MedlinePlus)
- Narcolepsy Information Page (National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke)
Dr. Emmanuel Mignot talks about advances in narcolepsy research and care03/07/2013
Dr. Michael Twery, director of the National Center on Sleep Disorders Research in the NHLBI's Division of Lung Diseases, interviews Dr. Emmanuel Mignot, director of the Stanford Center for Sleep Sciences and Medicine and the Stanford Center for Narcolepsy, about advances in narcolepsy research.
An NHLBI grantee, Dr. Mignot is credited with discovering the cause of narcolepsy—a disorder that causes periods of extreme daytime sleepiness. There is no known cure, but the NHLBI is committed to supporting research to better understand, treat, and even prevent or cure narcolepsy as well as other heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders.