- Aim for a Healthy Weight
- "Aim for a Healthy Weight" Patient Booklet
- Atherosclerosis (Health Topics)
- Cardiovascular Information for the Public
- Coronary Heart Disease (Health Topics)
- Coronary Heart Disease Risk Factors (Health Topics)
- "High Blood Cholesterol—What You Need to Know"
- Physical Activity and Your Heart (Health Topics)
- Smoking and Your Heart (Health Topics)
- Story of Success: High Blood Cholesterol
- The 10-Year Heart Attack Risk Assessment Tool
- "Your Guide to a Healthy Heart"
- "Your Guide to Lowering Your Cholesterol With TLC"
- "Your Guide to Physical Activity and Your Heart"
- Cholesterol (MedlinePlus)
- Managing Cholesterol Interactive Tutorial (MedlinePlus—Patient Education Institute)
- Children and Clinical Studies
- Clinical Trials (Health Topics)
- Current Research (ClinicalTrials.gov)
- NHLBI Clinical Trials
- NIH Clinical Research Trials and You (National Institutes of Health)
- ResearchMatch (funded by the National Institutes of Health)
™ Keep the Beat is a trademark of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The NHLBI "Grand Opportunity" Exome Sequencing Project05/16/2012
This video—presented by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, part of the National Institutes of Health—discusses the NHLBI's Exome Sequencing Project. Made possible by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, this project provided six awards at five academic institutions to identify genetic connections to heart, lung, and blood diseases. Individual studies will address critical health issues, such as heart attack, stroke, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, overweight and obesity, and others.