Other Names for Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Alcoholic cardiomyopathy. This term is used when overuse of alcohol causes the disease.
- Congestive cardiomyopathy.
- Diabetic cardiomyopathy.
- Familial dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Idiopathic cardiomyopathy.
- Ischemic cardiomyopathy. This term is used when coronary heart disease (also called coronary artery disease) or heart attack causes the disease.
- Peripartum cardiomyopathy. This term is used when the disease develops in a woman shortly before or after she gives birth.
- Primary cardiomyopathy.
Other Names for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Asymmetric septal hypertrophy
- Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Hypertrophic nonobstructive cardiomyopathy
- Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy
- Idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis
Other Names for Restrictive Cardiomyopathy
- Idiopathic restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Infiltrative cardiomyopathy
Other Names for Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy
- Right ventricular cardiomyopathy
- Right ventricular dysplasia