Reduce Screen Time Tools and Resources
To help families and communities reduce screen time, We Can!® has developed a variety of useful materials and information.
Offers practical tips to help parents help their families find the right balance of eating well and being physically active to maintain a healthy weight.
- Available in Spanish: �Nosotros Podemos! Familias Encontrando el Balance: Manual para Padres (1.9 MB).
Follow these simple tips to help your children reduce their screen time and spend more time being active.
We Can! Screen Time Chart (141 KB)
Fill out this screen time chart to see how much time your family spends in front of a screen.
We Can! offers three curricula that address screen time reduction.
- We Can! Energize Our Families: Parent Program includes a session dedicated to helping parents reduce the screen time and increase the physical activity levels of their families. During the Parent Program, parents are introduced to youth screen time statistics and learn how to use tools like the We Can! Screen Time Chart (141 KB).
- Student Media Awareness to Reduce Television, also known as S.M.A.R.T., is a curriculum that helps motivate children to reduce their television watching and video game usage.
- Media-Smart Youth: Eat, Think, and Be Active!� is a 10-lesson curriculum that focuses on helping young people ages 11 to 13 understand the connections between media and health.
Audio News Release MP3 (1 MB)
This 60-second audio recording is a pre-packaged news story that We Can! sent to radio stations. Karen Donato, We Can! Coordinator, speaks about the importance of reducing screen time. Read the transcript.
The following news stories and press releases address how We Can! and its community sites and partners are working to reduce screen time.
- We Can! Joins National Call for Reduced Screen Time During Turnoff Week
- April 24-30 is TV-Turnoff Week, We Can! Offers Families Tips and Resources to Help Them Turn Off the TV
- We Can! and the Acting U.S. Surgeon General Promote Turnoff Week 2008