Community Site Benefits & Responsibilities
When you sign up with We Can!®, you are joining a growing network of community sites and national and corporate partners that can help support your activities. In addition, you receive many other benefits.
And remember, you don't have to have all of your plans in place to sign up.
Community Site Benefits
Benefits vary to some degree, depending upon the level of commitment a site selects. Some of the great overall benefits include:
- Participation in a dynamic network of community sites and national partners
- Access to a variety of science-based resources that strengthen your programming
- An online training module for the We Can! Parent Program
- National recognition by the National Institutes of Health
- Support provided through listserv messages, periodic eNewsletters, and webinars
- Access to success stories and lessons learned by other sites to help you make your program better
Check out our individual General Community Site, Intensive Community Site, and We Can! City/County pages for specific lists of benefits.
Community Site Responsibilities
Of course, by becoming a community site you also commit to doing certain things (i.e., running a specific number of programs a year, recruiting partners, etc.). Those responsibilities vary according to the level of commitment that you wish to make. Visit our Three Types of Community Sites page for more information on the responsibilities of the General Community Sites, Intensive Community Sites, and We Can! Cities/Counties, including how to sign up.