- 10 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 4 cups Super Quick Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 1½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 10-ounce bag baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 2 cups grilled chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or substitute 1 teaspoon dried coriander)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F.
- Lightly spray a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place two to three corn tortillas on the bottom, trimming as necessary for a good fit.
- Add beans, 1 cup tomato sauce, and ½ cup grated cheese. Top with two to three more corn tortillas.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, spinach, and ½ cup cheese. Top with two more corn tortillas.
- Add chicken and 1 cup tomato sauce. Top with two more corn tortillas.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, ½ cup cheese, and cilantro.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned and chicken is reheated.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into eight even squares, and serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 square
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 52 mg
Sodium 275 mg
Total Fiber 6 g
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Potassium 550 mg
Recipe Source: Keep the Beat™ Recipes: Deliciously Healthy Family Meals