- ½ whole-grain baguette (French bread), cut into 12 slices (or substitute 3 slices whole-wheat bread, each cut into 4 squares)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, rinsed and diced
- ¼ cup jarred roasted red peppers, diced (or substitute fresh roasted red peppers)
- 6 Kalamata olives, rinsed and sliced (or substitute any black olive)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lightly toast baguette slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients, and toss well.
- Top each bread slice with about 2 tablespoons of tomato mixture, and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 3 bruschetta slices each with 2 tablespoons tomato mixture
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 256 mg
Total Fiber 2 g
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 17 g
Potassium 113 mg
Recipe Source: Keep the Beat™ Recipes: Deliciously Healthy Family Meals