Special video user guide for screen reader users
Note: Please disregard the embedded instructions in the player; they are inaccurate and misleading. We have provided these instructions so that screen reader users can successfully navigate and use the video player.
The following elements of the FLASH player have been demonstrated to work with JAWS versions 9, 10, and 11 in default mode, i.e. with the virtual cursor on. These guides should be used instead of those embedded in the player.
- To start press the play button.
- To stop, press E button.
- Reverse 5 seconds button.
- Forward 5 seconds button.
- JAWS generally does not read the captions and there is no button to turn captions on or off.
- The volume graphic will display volume in percent, but you may need to refresh the screen (Insert+Escape).
- Volume down button (repeatedly pressing the button will decrease the percentage of the maximum volume displayed).
- Volume up button (repeatedly pressing the button will increase the percentage of the maximum volume displayed).
- Playhead at "N" seconds will display where the video is playing (Refresh the screen using Insert+Escape in JAWS) to change the seconds displayed.