National Wear Red Day Toolkit
For National Wear Red Day® - and throughout the year - we invite you to join the discussion and spread the word to raise awareness about heart disease, the #1 killer of American women:
- Follow The Heart Truth® on Facebook and Twitter for daily tips and inspiration on how to stay heart healthy, and to join a discussion with other women about National Wear Red Day.
- Share a photo of yourself wearing red on Facebook or Twitter using #WearRedDay to show your commitment to heart health and inspire others to do the same. See sample posts below.
- Upload our National Wear Red Day graphics to Facebook, Pinterest, and other social networks, or to your personal or professional blog or website.
- Share, like and retweet gifts From the Heart on Facebook and Twitter with your loved ones. Whether the gift #FromtheHeart is a heart healthy meal for two, a funny movie marathon to de-stress, or dedicated time to set aside for a heart-to-heart conversation - these gifts offer an opportunity to pause and invite someone you love to do something heart healthy.
- Link to www.hearttruth.gov on your blog, website, or social channels so that women can learn about their risk for heart disease.
Below are sample posts you can use on social media:
This National Wear Red Day, I’m wearing red to commit to my heart health in 2017. #WearRedDay #hearthealth #FromTheHeart
Today is National Wear Red Day! I pledge to make heart healthy choices in 2017. #WearRedDay #FromTheHeart
How are you celebrating National #WearRedDay? Comment below with your #hearthealth commitment for 2017. #FromTheHeart
Show us your red! Share your National Wear Red Day selfie using the hashtag #FromTheHeart, and share your advice from the heart, for the heart.
What advice would you give a friend or a loved one about heart health? Share with us using #FromTheHeart and @Heart-Truth.
Want to show someone you care with a Valentines gift that can really make a difference? Share @HeartTruth gifts #FromTheHeart with a loved one to encourage you to take heart healthy actions-together.
Don’t forget to wear red for #WearRedDay! RT to raise awareness about #heartdisease, then visit: https://owl.li/DSXmI
Today is National #WearRedDay! I pledge to make heart healthy choices in 2017. #FromTheHeart
Happy National #WearRedDay! How are you committing to your heart in 2017? #FromTheHeart
Give loved ones the gift of heart health this #ValentinesDay w/ @TheHeartTruth gifts #FromTheHeart.
What advice would you give a friend or a loved one about #hearthealth? RT & share your advice #FromTheHeart.
Repin our heart health pins to fill your boards with advice From The Heart in honor of National Wear Red Day! Find pins on advice and gifts you can share with other women on our From The Heart board, how to reduce your risk on our Know Your Risk board , and recipes as good for your heart as they are for your taste buds on our Heart Health Recipes board . Be sure to include National Wear Red Day in the pin description:
This National Wear Red Day, I’m getting smart about my heart. Repin to raise awareness and show your support! #hearthealth #FromTheHeart #WearRedDay
Today is National Wear Red Day, I’m repinning this advice #FromtheHeart to encourage other women in my life to get healthy together. #hearthealth #health #WearRedDay
Did you know that heart disease is Did you know that heart disease is the #1 killer of women? Repin to raise awareness and share ideas on how to lower your risk. #FromTheHeart #hearthealth #WearRedDay
Last Updated: March 2016