Symptoms of asthma may include:
- Chest tightness
- Coughing, especially at night or early morning
- Shortness of breath
- Wheezing, which is a whistling sound when you breathe out
Other conditions can cause these symptoms. But in asthma, the symptoms often follow a pattern:
- They come and go over time or within the same day.
- They start or get worse with viral infections, such as a cold.
- They are triggered by exercise, allergies, cold air, or breathing too fast from laughing or crying.
- They are worse at night or in the morning.
Last updated on