Sickle Cell Disease Social Media Resources
Sickle cell disease is the most common inherited blood disorder in the United States. It affects approximately 100,000 Americans and more than 20 million people worldwide.
Help raise awareness about sickle cell disease, its management, and treatments by sharing these graphics and sample posts during National Sickle Cell Awareness Month in September and throughout the year.
- Use hashtag: #SickleCellAwarenessMonth and #SickleCell
- Tag us! @BloodHealthEd on Twitter
Tips for Healthy Living with Sickle Cell Disease:
- Work closely with your health care team to develop your own unique care plan
- Stay active and drink 8–10 glasses of water daily
- Eat heart-healthy foods
- Aim for 7–9 hours of sleep a night
- Prevent infections with vaccines and good hygiene