Anniversary Social Wall
Celebrate 75 years of the NHLBI bringing research to life by being a part of our Anniversary Social Wall! Share how NHLBI-supported research and breakthroughs have touched you or your organization. Use the digital photo booth to share a picture and a message or record and post a video on your social media. Be sure to include #NHLBI75 with your posts.
Organizations Celebrate NHLBI’s 75th Anniversary on Capitol Hill
In a night filled with inspiration and gratitude, representatives from several nonprofits, associations, and foundations together with lawmakers that support heart, lung, blood disease and sleep disorders research commemorated NHLBI’s 75th anniversary on October 17, 2023 on Capitol Hill.
The NHLBI Constituency Group, co-chaired by the American Heart Association and the American Thoracic Society, hosted the reception. Attendees heard remarks from:
- Dr. Michael Lauer, NIH Deputy Director for Extramural Research;
- Dr. Gary H. Gibbons, Director of NHLBI;
- Dr. Joseph “Adrian” Tyndall, Executive Vice President of Health Affairs and Dean, Morehouse School of Medicine;
- U.S. House Representative Steny Hoyer (D-MD);
- Dr. Joseph C. Wu, President of American Heart Association;
- Dr. M. Patricia Rivera, President of American Thoracic Society;
- Harold P. Wimmer, President & CEO of American Lung Association;
Caesar Sant, a violin prodigy who was born with sickle cell anemia and received a life-saving bone marrow transplant at NIH, capped the evening with a performance.