The National Institute of Heart Lung and Blood has established a consortium of 10 highly interactive, multi-disciplinary Proteomic Centers to enhance and develop innovative proteomic technologies and apply them to relevant biological questions that will advance our knowledge of heart, lung, blood, and sleep health and disease. This NHLBI Proteomics Initiative is intended to complement and enhance the NHLBI's ongoing research programs, which include a substantial investment in clinical research,genomic research, basic biology, technologies, and training and education programs.
The NHLBI Program Officer for Proteomics Initiatives is Pothur Srinivas.
- Boston University Cardiovascular Proteomics Center
- Johns Hopkins Proteomics Center
- Medical College of Wisconsin Proteomics Center
- Medical University of South Carolina Proteomics Center
- Seattle Proteome Center
- Stanford University Proteomics Center
- Uniformed Services University Medical Proteomics Center
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas
- Yale Proteomics Center
Program Start and End Date
September 2002 to September 2009