The purpose of this program is to stimulate proteomic studies on platelets and apply the technology to study platelets from a patient group that may have defective platelet function. We anticipate that the results of these studies will generate proteomic approaches and provide novel markers of platelet function.
The NHLBI Program Officer for Platelet Proteomics is Pan Ganguly, Ph.D.
- Differences in the Protein Signatures/PNH Platelets (PI: Monica Bressler)
- Proteomic Studies Normal and Abnormal Platelet Function (PI: Lawrence Brass)
- Target Discovery in Platelets by In Situ Proteome Reactivity Profiling (PI: Leslie Parise)
- Normal and Type-2 Diabetic Platelet Proteomics Storage (PI: Richard Phipps)
- Integrated Molecular Profiling of the Platelet Thrombohemorrhagic Phenotype (PI: Wadie Bahou)
Program Start and End Date
September 2006 to September 2008
Original Funding Announcement (FOA)
Proteomic Studies of Platelet Functions