Administrative Supplements Providing Summer Research Experiences
NOT-OD-09-060: Recovery Act Funds for Administrative Supplements to Research Grants Providing Summer Research Experiences for Students and Science Educators
- Administrative supplement requests may only be used to support summer research opportunities for:
- High School and College Students
- Science Educators (e.g., Elementary, Middle School and High School Teachers, Community College Faculty, and Faculty from Non-research intensive institutions)
- With the exception of K series awards, all research support mechanisms funded by the NHLBI are eligible for supplement requests in the two areas listed above.
- At least 4 months must remain in a parent grant award period at the time a supplement is awarded. Applicants must assume that it is not possible for a supplement award to be made sooner than two months after the receipt date.
No more than one person per summer may be requested for the parent grant. Requested budgets must be reasonable and appropriate for the work being proposed. In addition, requests for supplements must describe how the requested funds will be spent effectively by the end of the FY 2010 budget period.
Due to the limited, two-year nature of ARRA funds, supplements may only be requested for up to two summers; therefore, the scope and budget of a requested supplement must be consistent with what can be accomplished within that limited timeframe. Requests for administrative supplements beginning in FY 2010 will be limited to one summer of funding.
Requests for administrative supplements that are deemed to be outside the scope of the parent grant will not be considered for funding.
All requests must be received by April 17, 2009
How to Submit the Administrative Supplement Application
Please use any one of the methods provided below:
- U. S. Mail & overnight express
Director, Office of Grants Management
National Heart Lung and Blood Institute
6701 Rockledge Drive, Room 7160
Bethesda, MD 20892-7926
ATTENTION: BECKIE CHAMBERLIN
(If using overnight express use 20817)
Email a PDF to NHLBI_OGM_DOCS@NHLBI.NIH.GOV
Send FAX (attention BECKIE CHAMBERLIN) to 301-451-5462
Last Updated September 4, 2009