FYI from the NHLBI Index
September 2001: Vol. 2, Issue 2
||The FYI from the NHLBI is
available for high quality printing as a .pdf file.
- Message from the Director
- Stem Cells: Scientific Progress and Future Directions
- New Rules to Protect Patients' Privacy
- Simple Steps to Reduce Your Heart Attack Risk
- News from Capitol Hill
- NHLBI Trial Shows Surgery Offers High Risk, Little Benefit, for Some Emphysema Sufferers
- Hypertension Diet also Lowers Cholesterol
- Recent Advances from the NHLBI
- One More Reason to Achieve and Maintain a Healthy Weight
- Researchers Identify Novel Approach for Predicting Pulmonary Complications from Sickle Cell Disease
- Heart Muscle Regenerates After a Heart Attack
- Researchers Uncover a Secret of Burning Fat
- Identifying Ideal Candidates for Revascularization
- Long-Acting Beta-Agonists not as Effective as Inhaled Corticosteroids in Treating Persistent Asthma
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Advisory Council's June Meeting
- Third Annual PIO Meeting Scheduled for February 2002
- Upcoming Events
- Spotlight on Our Web Site
- September is National Cholesterol Education Month
- New Resources to Help Consumers Control Their Blood Pressure
- New NHLBI Research Initiatives
- Need More Information?
We are reserving space for you, our readers, to share ideas and broadcast opinions. We invite you to submit
your comments, thoughts, and suggestions via
email or snail mail (Public Interest News, c/o Office of Science
and Technology , Building 31, Room 5A03, 31 Center Drive, MSC-2482 Bethesda, MD 20892-2482).
We also are considering the addition of a separate "Bulletin Board" where organizations can announce
upcoming activities. For now, those announcements also can be sent to the above addresses.
Please send us your feedback, comments, and questions by using the appropriate link on the page, Contact the NHLBI.
Note to users of screen readers and other assistive technologies: please report your problems here.
PDF Version | Contents | Feature
Articles | In the News | Events and Meetings | Research and Resources
All Issues | FYI Index | NHLBI Express