Baked potatoes stuffed with seasoned, low-fat cottage cheese are a lavish low-fat, low- cholesterol, low-sodium treat.
|4 medium||baking potatoes|
|3/4 C||low-fat (1%) cottage cheese|
|1/4 C||low-fat (1%) milk|
|2 Tbsp||soft margarine|
|1 tsp||dill weed|
|3/4 tsp||herb seasoning|
|4-6 drops||hot pepper sauce|
|2 tsp||grated parmesan cheese|
- Prick potatoes with fork. Bake at 425º F for 60 minutes or until fork is easily inserted.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out potato leaving about 1/2 inch of pulp inside shell. Mash pulp in large bowl.
- Mix in by hand remaining ingredients except parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Sprinkle top with 1/4 tsp parmesan cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Yield: 8 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 potato each
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 1 mg
Sodium: 136 mg