1-2-3 Peach Cobbler
Cooking oil spray helps to coat the pan with little fat or calories.
|1/2 tsp ||cinnamon, ground
|1 Tbsp ||vanilla extract
|2 Tbsps ||cornstarch
|1 cup ||peach nectar
|1/4 cup ||pineapple juice or peach juice
|2 16-oz cans ||peaches, sliced, packed in juice, drained (or 1-3/4 lbs) fresh
|1 Tbsp ||margarine, tub
|1 cup ||pancake mix, dry
|2/3 cup ||all-purpose flour
|1/2 cup ||sugar
|2/3 cup ||evaporated skim milk
|nonstick || cooking oil spray (for baking dish)
|1/2 tsp || nutmeg
|1 Tbsp ||brown sugar
- Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and pineapple or
peach juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture
thickens and bubbles.
- Add sliced peaches to mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan melt margarine and set aside.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square glass dish with cooking oil spray. Pour hot
peach mixture into the dish.
- In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine.
Stir in milk.
- Quickly spoon this mixture over peach mixture.
- Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Bake at 400° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 8 squares.
Makes 8 servings--Serving size: 1 square
Fat 4 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol less than 1 mg
Sodium 263 mg