Mouth-Watering Oven-Fried Fish
For variety, try this heart-healthy fish recipe with any kind of fish.
|2 lbs ||fish fillets
|1 Tbsp ||lemon juice, fresh
|1/4 cup ||skim milk or 1% buttermilk
|2 drops ||hot pepper sauce
|1 tsp || garlic, fresh, minced
|1/4 tsp || white pepper, ground
|1/4 tsp || salt
|1/4 tsp ||onion powder
|1/2 cup || cornflakes, crumbled or regular bread crumbs
|1 Tbsp || vegetable oil (for greasing baking dish)
|1 || lemon fresh, cut in wedges
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place
on a plate.
- Let fillets sit in milk briefly. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with
seasoned crumbs. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.
Makes 6 servings--Serving size: 1 cut piece
Fat 2 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 325 mg