For variety, try this heart-healthy fish recipe with any kind of fish.
|2 lbs||fish fillets|
|1 Tbsp||lemon juice, fresh|
|1/4 cup||skim milk or 1% buttermilk|
|2 drops||hot pepper sauce|
|1 tsp||garlic, fresh, minced|
|1/4 tsp||white pepper, ground|
|1/4 tsp||onion powder|
|1/2 cup||cornflakes, crumbled or regular bread crumbs|
|1 Tbsp||vegetable oil (for greasing baking dish)|
|1||lemon fresh, cut in wedges|
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place on a plate.
- Let fillets sit in milk briefly. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with
seasoned crumbs. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.
Makes 6 servings--Serving size: 1 cut piece
Fat 2 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 325 mg