LIMAS AND SPINACH
Your family will love to eat more vegetables cooked this way.
|2 cups || frozen lima beans
|1 Tbsp || vegetable oil
|1 cup || fennel, cut in strips (4 oz)
|1/2 cup || onion, chopped
|1/4 cup || low-sodium chicken broth
|4 cups || leaf spinach, washed thoroughly
|1 Tbsp ||distilled vinegar
|1/8 tsp || black pepper
|1 Tbsp || raw chives
Steam or boil lima beans in unsalted water approximately 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, sauté onions and fennel in oil.
- Add the beans and stock to the onions, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach. Cover and cook until spinach has wilted, about 2
- Stir in the vinegar and pepper. Cover and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Makes 7 servings--Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fat 2 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 84 mg