Community Site Benefits & Responsibilities
When you sign up with We Can!®, you are joining a growing network of community sites and national and corporate partners that can help support your activities. In addition, you receive many other benefits.
And remember, you don't have to have all of your plans in place to sign up.
Community Site Benefits
Benefits vary to some degree, depending upon the level of commitment a site selects. Some of the great overall benefits include:
- Participation in a dynamic network of community sites and national partners and corporate partners
- Access to a variety of science-based resources that strengthen your programming
- An online training overview of the We Can! Parent Program
- National recognition by the National Institutes of Health
- Recognition of your successes on the We Can! website and in the eNewsletter
- Technical assistance and support provided through conference calls, listservs, and eNewsletters
- Access to success stories and lessons learned by other sites to help you make your program better
Community Site Responsibilities
Of course, by becoming a community site you also commit to doing certain things (i.e., running a specific number of programs a year, recruiting partners, etc.). Those responsibilities vary according to the level of commitment that you wish to make. Visit our Three Types of Community Sites page for more information on the responsibilities of the General Community Sites, Intensive Community Sites, and We Can! Cities/Counties, including how to sign up.