We Can!™ in Action eNewsletters
The We Can! in Action eNewsletter highlights We Can! community events, partner collaboration, and overall program growth. Take a look at our most recent issues and subscribe today!
- Over 1,000 community sites registered, upcoming Cherokee Nation We Can! training, We Can! presentations to the National Association of State Medicaid Directors and other potential partners.
- We Can! Across the Country: We Can! activities in Berrien County, Michigan; a We Can! coalition in Escambia County, Florida; a new We Can! County in Tennessee; Vietnamese-language We Can! materials in Virginia.
- Partner Profile: UPMC Health Plan's We Can! video, Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Service's Rx pad for physical activity, Delaware Physicians Care, Inc.'s big Martin Luther King Day event.
- Community Spotlight: Healthy nutrition lessons for childcare providers in Boise, Idaho; We Can! grants from the West Virginia Department of Education.
- Energy balance tips for the winter months.
- Update on program activity including new cities and counties, We Can! winning the NIH Director's Award, and a new training material from the Media Smart Youth program.
- We Can! Across the Country: More than 900 community sites and counting; feature stories on Tennessee; training in Fairfax County, VA; and community health centers nationwide.
- Partner Profile: An update on We Can!'s 40 partners, including U.S. Department of Health and Human Service’s Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Interior Fish and Wildlife Service and National Park Service, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Division of Adolescent and School Health
- Community Spotlight: Unity Health Care Cardoza Health Center in Washington, DC.
- Energy balance tips for the fall season.
- Information about November 2007 We Can! media event, two regional trainings, and new We Can! materials.
- We Can! Across the Country: Nearly 550 community sites and counting; international activities; and We Can! reaching communities through health conferences and events.
- Partner Profile: H.J. Heinz Company; Delaware Physicians Care, Inc.; and National Black Nurses Association.
- Community Spotlight: Bethel Community Learning Center in Birmingham, Alabama; the Moer Foundation in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Dear We Can!: Program staff answer a question about evaluating We Can! programs.
- Energy balance tips for the winter season.
- Announcement of two We Can! regional trainings and new Parent Program materials.
- We Can! Across the Country: Nearly 400 community sites and counting; Statewide outreach in Kentucky; First We Can! County in Armstrong, PA; Update on Gary, IN, activities.
- Partner Profile: Host Hotels, Association of Children's Museums, Highmark Foundation, and Association of Junior Leagues International.
- Community Spotlight: Boston Site Gets We Can! Into Public Schools; South Bend Serves as a Mentor to New Site in Columbus, IN.
- Dear We Can!: First Dear We Can! letter in which program staff answer a question about getting We Can! into schools.
- Energy balance tips for the fall season.
- Introduction of new We Can! resources and a recap of the We Can! regional trainings.
- We Can! Across the Country: Over 300 community sites and counting; recent and upcoming NHLBI speaking engagements.
- Community Spotlight: Cobb Public Health and Cobb County School District join the We Can! movement; Youth Fitness Center in Indiana Adds We Can! to its Program.
- Web Site Spotlight: Update on the We Can! profile on LinkedIn.
- Introduction of We Can! City Program and regional training events.
- We Can! Across the Country: Over 190 community sites and counting.
- Partner Profile: Mutual of Omaha, Association of Children's Museums, and the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Website Spotlight: Review of website changes including new promotional video and flash animations, revised sign-up process and form, and expanded "get involved" section.
- Summary of We Can! events and resources for the 2007.
- Partner Profile: Peabody Energy, Wal-Mart, Mutual of Omaha, American Academy of Pediatrics, Action for Healthy Kids, and Nemours Foundation.
- We Can! Across the Country: Over 140 community sites and counting, announcement of regional trainings, and 2007 Keep the Beat calendar.
- Community Spotlights: Parents Program Participants Call for Family Night at the Track in Emmaus, PA; CHOICES in Kennesaw, GA, joins forces with We Can!; Tennessee Site Partners with Faith-Based Organization in Johnson City, TN.
- Summary of We Can! Rally and other Fall events.
- We Can! Across the Country: 110 community sites and counting; 3rd matte article released; 2007 Keep the Beat calendar.
- Partner Profile: American Academy of Family Physicians; National Latina Health Network; Alltel; Delphi; Winn Dixie; and Parenting magazine.
- Community Spotlights: Governor's Award to Lane County Intensive Site Leader; Spreading We Can! throughout Kentucky.
- National We Can! Rally, October 6-7, 2006 .
- We Can! Across the Country: 98 community sites and counting; Game On! The Ultimate Wellness Challenge.
- Partner Profile: National Latina Health Network; Univision; Action for Healthy Kids; Nestlé Water North America.
- Community Spotlights: North Mississippi Medical Center Conducts Media Outreach; Lane County, Oregon Families Dive into We Can!.
- We Can! Across the Country: 80 community sites and counting.
- Partner Profile: Spirit of Women.
- Community Spotlights: South Bend, Mayor's Office Partners with We Can!; Benton Partners Promote We Can! and Inform the Public.
- We Can! Across the County: 52 sites and counting
- Partner Profile: Pennsylvania Advocates for Nutrition and Activity
- Community Spotlights: Nevada Site Wins Grants for Youth PSAs,
Parents Step Up to Boost Boston Program.
We Can! and the We Can! logo are trademarks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).