Watermelon & Tomato Salad
- 2 large tomatoes, rinsed and cut into 6 slices each
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (or substitute apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 4 cups diced watermelon, with seeds removed (about half a small melon, rinsed)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Arrange three tomato slices on each of four salad plates.
- Combine vinegar, oil, and basil in a bowl, and mix well.
- Add watermelon, and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon watermelon over the tomatoes.
- Top with salt and pepper, and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 3 tomato slices, 1 cup watermelon
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 127 mg
Total Fiber 2 g
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 16 g
Potassium 390 mg
Recipe Source: Keep the Beat™ Recipes: Deliciously Healthy Family Meals