- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, sliced thinly (with skin)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bag (about 5 cups) mixed lettuce greens (or your favorite lettuce)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup low-fat raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- Sprinkle lemon juice on apple slices.
- Mix the lettuce, cranberries, apple, walnuts, and sunflower seeds in a bowl.
- Toss with ⅓ cup of raspberry vinaigrette dressing, to lightly cover the salad.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 41 mg
Total Fiber 3 g
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Potassium 230 mg
Recipe Source: Heart Healthy Home Cooking African American Style