Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual for the Filipino Community
Session 8 Handout Pledge for Life!
Download Pledge for Life! (158k) handout.
Take the pledge for life with Lola Idad. Try to do one of these activities by yourself or share with others.
- Learn the serving sizes for foods.
- Limit the intake of saturated and trans fat, cholesterol, and sodium, as well as added sugar.
- Eat smaller portions of food, starting with smaller portions of meat, steamed rice, and noodles.
- Avoid having second helpings of food.
- Choose a variety of fruits and unsalted nuts for healthy snacks.
- Bring carrot and celery sticks to work for a snack.
- Add fruits, like bananas or raisins, to cereal or oatmeal.
- Choose fewer snacks that are high in fat, sodium, and added sugar.
- Choose water or sugar-free drinks.
- Share heart healthy recipes with your family and friends.
- Other (fill in your own)
Back to Session 8
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012