Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual for the Filipino Community
Session 6 Handout Pledge for Life!
Download Pledge for Life! (119k) handout.
Take the pledge for life with Lola Idad. Try to do at least one of these activities by yourself or share them with others.
- Know your BMI number.
- Know your waist measurement.
- Know the appropriate serving sizes for food and drinks.
- Shop for low-fat, low-calorie foods and drinks using the Nutrition Facts label.
- Choose a variety of fruits (fresh, frozen, or canned in fruit juice) and unsalted nuts for healthy snacks.
- Exchange heart healthy recipes with your friends and family.
- Avoid taking second helpings of food.
- When eating out, go to buffets less often. When getting carryout food, make healthy choices and select smaller serving sizes.
- Support your friends and family in their efforts to maintain a healthy weight.
- Other (fill in your own)
Back to Session 6
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Healthy Heart, Healthy Family: A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012