Your Heart, Your Life: A Community Health Worker's Manual for the Hispanic Community
Session 11 Handout Letter to Myself Sample
Download Letter to Myself Sample (14k) handout.
I have learned that I can do many things to improve my health and lower my chances of developing heart disease. I can help family members make healthy choices, too. During the next 3 months, I will try to do these things to care for my heart:
- At work, I will use the stairs instead of taking the elevator.
- I will eat 2 cups of fruit (an orange and an apple) every day.
- When eating out, I will choose foods that are baked, broiled, or grilled.
- I will switch to reduced-fat (2%) milk for 1 month, then to low-fat (1%) milk for 1 month, and finally to fat-free milk.
- I will have my blood pressure checked at the local clinic.
Signed Roberto Garcia
Back to Session 11
Information on this page is taken from the English print version of “Your Heart, Your Life, A Community Health Worker's Manual.” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, NIH Publication No. 08-3674, Originally Printed 1999, Revised May 2008.
Last Updated March 2012