Clinical trials are research studies—involving people—that look at safe and effective new ways to prevent, detect, or treat disease.
Researchers also use clinical trials to look at other aspects of care, such as improving quality of life for people with chronic illnesses such as high blood pressure.
NHLBI leads or sponsors many trials on high blood pressure, including:
- Cut Your Pressure Too: The Los Angeles Barbershop Blood Pressure Study
- Galectin-3 Blockade in Patients With High Blood Pressure
- Hypertension With Unsatisfactory Sleep Health (HUSH)
- Lifestyle Interventions in Treatment-Resistant Hypertension (Triumph)
- Pathophysiology of Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in African Americans
- Patient-Provider Communication and Medication Adherence (MEDCHAT)
- Vascular Dysfunction in Human Obesity Hypertension (VANISH)
Learn more about how to participate in a clinical trial.